Casual/ Perm Pool Registered, Enrolled Nurses, & HCAs - Specialist Mental Health Services
- Permanent and casual pool positions for RNs and ENs with mental health experience.
- Casual positions for Healthcare Assistants
- Must be Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and must have a mental health scope of practice.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Teams: What we do
On both the Specialist Mental Health Services' permanent and casual pools, we have need for Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses with mental health experience. Primarily based at Hillmorton Hospital, you will be providing cover across inpatient services; including acute adult admitting units, high/ complex needs services, intellectual disabilities, forensics, specialty services, Mothers and Babies, Eating Disorders, Alcohol and Drug, and child and youth services.
The Role: Where you fit in
Registered & Enrolled Nurses:
This position requires a background in mental health, working as either a Registered Nurse or an Enrolled Nurse, and the ability to work both autonomously, and alongside the mulitidisplinary teams you will be working with. The opportunity to cover in a variety of different settings across Specialist Mental Health Services, means:
- We are looking for registered nurses with excellent communication and time management skills who can work effectively as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- As part of a progressive organisation that values honesty, respect and integrity for every individual, this multi-varied role presents you with the opportunity to work in dynamic and challenging health environments.
- You will need to be confident, resilient and have the ability to build strong and successful relationships, with the patients and their families/whanau as we have a strong emphasis of re-engagement into the community.
- For permanent pool, full time: The roster follows a 4 days on, 2 days off pattern at 0.94 FTE. Part time roles at 0.7 FTE follow a 3 days on, 3 days off pattern. Options are also available for 2 days on, 4 days off pattern, on a 0.47 FTE basis. Some areas we cover provide a 24 hour service, so availability to work Morning, afternoon, and night shifts is essential.
- We are interested in hearing from nurses who would be interested in permanent, full time, part time, or casual work.
For Healthcare Assistants:
Healthcare Assistants are instrumental in providing care to patients and supporting the clinical team. As a Healthcare Assistant you will assist nursing staff with patient cares whilst maintaining a safe and clean work environment on the ward. You will enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary team, have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, a high level of confidentiality and the ability to work well under pressure. Mental Health experience is highly desirable. There are only casual positions available for healthcare assistants currently.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online as we only accept applications through our careers website and for more information contact us on [email protected]
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!