Family Protection Specialist - Christchurch
- Part-time (0.9FTE/36hr per week), fixed-term opportunity for approximately five months
- Facilitating effective responses to family violence and child protection concerns
- You will be a Registered Social Worker or Registered Nurse with current APC
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
Our Child and Family Safety Service, based on the Christchurch Hospital campus, is responsible for the Family Violence Intervention Program, Child Sexual Abuse Assessment, Child Protection and Family Violence (Canterbury DHB/West Coast DHB), Integrated Safety Response (ISR) and provides a number of clinical services including the Gateway Program and Vulnerable Children's Project.
We are looking for a Family Protection Specialist to join our team on a part-time (0.9FTE/36hr per week), fixed-term basis until approximately the end of January 2020!
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitating effective responses to family violence and child protection concerns through the provision of consultation services, training and education
- Actively promoting Violence Intervention and Integrated Response program within the Canterbury DHB, while providing consultation and advise to staff as required
- Ensuring the provision of a professional and culturally safe service
Your skills will include the following:
- Proven experience in care and protection
- Demonstrated experience training, educating, and presenting to groups
- The ability to build and nurture professional relationships
- You will be a Registered Social Worker or Registered Nurse with current APC (essential)
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, our people enjoy access to, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
We hope you'll seriously consider joining us, but if this role isn't a good fit for you, please share this opportunity with people in your personal networks.
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact email@example.com
Your application will be reviewed and progressed as soon as possible.