Psychologist – Child, Adolescent and Family
- Full-time, fixed-term opportunities covering parental leave for approximately 12months
- Apply your clinical skills and mental health experience and make a difference to the lives of the young Canterbury community!
- NZ Registration as a Psychologist with relevant postgraduate diploma is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Why did you train as a Psychologist? Do you want to help children, adolescents and their family / whanau overcome mental health difficulties? Are you reliable, self-motivated and want to contribute to effective service delivery? CAFSouth (Child, Adolescent & Family Mental Health Service South Community & Outreach Team) is a specialist mental health service based at The Princess Margaret Hospital that provides assessment and treatment of young people up to 18 years of age (older if still at High School) who present with moderate to severe mental health problems, and their families.
We currently have two exciting opportunities for NZ Registered Psychologists with a Post Graduate Qualification in Clinical Psychology or Child and Family Psychology and a clear passion for young people and their families. These are full-time (40hr per week) fixed-term covering parental leave for approximately 12 months. These positions will see you working flexible hours across Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm. Some travel may be required for Outreach clinics. Although full-time is preferred, we may also consider applications from those seeking part time (from 0.6FTE).
This is challenging and demanding work within a supportive team. The clinicians on the team have a range of skills and areas of clinical expertise who are committed and work hard for young people living in the South of Christchurch including Ashburton. We also have a passion for ensuring opportunities for the continued professional development of our team.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing comprehensive clinical assessment, psychometric testing, and therapeutic interventions individually or in groups as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Developing and regularly reviewing a job plan and caseload with the Clinical Manager;
- Working collaboratively with young people, family/whanau, community and statutory organisations.
Your skills will include:
- Working as a Psychologist and in a generic case management model, you’ll need great organisation and excellent time management to keep up with this exciting client group;
- The ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with consumers of the service and family/whanau;
- The ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team;
- NZ Registration as a Psychologist with a Post Graduate Qualification in Clinical Psychology or Child and Family Psychology is essential;
- Experience in a mental health setting, particularly Child, Adolescent and Family, is highly desirable;
- As some travel may be required, a NZ drivers licence is essential.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information