- Fixed-term part or full-time role until September 2019 based at Grey Base Hospital
- Registered Nurse with Current Practicing Certificate
- Passion for Mental Health, exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to think on your feet
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you'll do with your time:
- Quality care for our patients with mental illness
- Implement safe management practices across unit
- Assisting across the wider team where needed
Manaakitanga is a nine bed acute mental health admission unit based at Grey Base Hospital, within this unit you will use your mental health knowledge and broad based skills.
We are looking for an experienced Mental Health Nurse who is motivated to expand their knowledge and skills and develop their career in mental health nursing. There will be opportunities and support for professional development and ongoing role development. Please state on your application if you are interested in either full or part-time hours.
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- High level of creativity
- Excellent clinical accountability and reasoning
- Ability to work well within the small dedicated team
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn't a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Apply online, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!