Registered Nurse, Clinical Services Unit, Hillmorton Hospital
- Part time 0.6 FTE, fixed term (ending February 2023)
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and must have a mental health scope of practice
- Able to work in a small, highly motivated team specialising in both physical and mental health treatments
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Clinical Services Unit (CSU) at Hillmorton is seeking a registered nurse, with experience in Mental Health to work within the CSU service. Your methodical, organised approach and your exceptional interpersonal skills will see you succeed in this role as you coordinate, provide assessments and specific medical services to our consumers. Working collaboratively within a small but highly motivated team, you will be confident in your ability to work under pressure and build successful therapeutic relationships in this diverse and innovative role.
The Role: Where you fit in
To be successful in this position you will also:
- Undertake assessment of wounds and appropriately treat, refer and communicate with Mental Health Services staff and other health care providers as required.
- Provide an effective phlebotomy service for the Mental Health consumers.
- Ensure systems are in place to provide safe provision of ECT.
- Undertake ECG's for Mental Health Services inpatients and outpatients.
- Provide a vaccination service for staff and consumers.
- Have a current CPR certificate
If you are a NZ Registered Nurse with broad mental health experience in a variety of roles, excellent communication, prioritisation and co-ordination skills, and are confident in your ability to engage, share knowledge with and teach consumers and your colleagues then this could be the career opportunity for you.
This is a 0.6FTE, fixed term position ending February 2023
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information