Registered Nurse - General Medical & Eating Disorders
- Fixed term, full-time Registered Nursing role (80 hours per fortnight), working on a rotating roster, including weekends and nights (01/10/2019 – 01/04/2020)
- Opportunity for a NZ Registered to work for the biggest employer in the region
- Career and expertise development opportunity to expand your General Medical and Eating Disorders expertise
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people who live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Ward 27 at Christchurch Hospital cares for a wide variety of general medical conditions including eating disorders.
This medical ward houses 30 beds and offers an endless variety of medical conditions with a constant in and out flow of patients. If you love a challenge, variety and a great team nursing environment, if you are seeking to extend your skills and experience and you consider yourself an experienced nurse with broad medical nursing exposure then this will appeal to you!
The Role: Where you fit it
You’ll have a strong and broad nursing background, preferably in ward settings, a desire to learn and an understanding of the social needs and backgrounds of patients and their families/Whanau.
A good sense of humour, the ability to develop rapport with patients and colleagues, and exceptional team work will go a long way in this environment and ensure you assist our patients to achieve the best health outcomes.
To be successful in this role you would:
- Be registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand as a Registered Nurse
- Hold a current Nursing Council of New Zealand annual practising certificate
We are looking for people who:
- Have ability to ‘work together’ in a collaborative manner
- Have ability to ‘work smarter’ by being innovative and proactive
- Accept responsibility for actions
- Are prepared to undertake other duties as reasonably requested by Nurse Manager
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply now! Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
For additional information about this role please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org