Registered Nurses - Child, Adolescent and Family Inpatients
- 0.94 FTE permanent full-time positions available, with a four on two off roster. Fixed-term, and part-time RN position also available
- Enrolled Nurse fixed-term position, at 0.54 FTE
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and must have a mental health scope of practice
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The CAF Inpatient Unit is a 16 bed regional unit which covers the South Island and work with people under the age of 18 with mental health problems. We have a strong focus on working with the youth and their family/whanau. Experience in a mental health setting is highly desirable. Bring your enthusiasm and motivation to work with us and we'll provide you with a great opportunity to enhance your skills in a specialty area.
The Role: Where you fit in
There are 0.94 FTE positions available on a rotating four on, two off roster. There is also one part-time 0.6 FTE position available. The service would also be interested to hear from enrolled nurses looking for a fixed-term, part-time contract for two years.
- Requirement of the role and skills include the following:
- Early intervention, brief intervention, and the opportunity to make a real difference
- Adhere to guidelines of Cultural Safety and the Treaty of Waitangi
- You will have a mix of case management, including assessment, formulation, and treatment
- You will have an ability to forge and foster relations, to treat others with respect, encouragement and support
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online, or contact us on [email protected]
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!