Registered Nurses - Te Awakura - Adult Inpatient Group
- Part-time, full-time, fixed-term, casual and permanent opportunities available. All requests regarding roster patterning can be considered on an individual basis
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and must have a mental health scope of practice
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multi-Disciplinary team
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Teams: What we do
Te Awakura is a 64 bed adult acute inpatient unit that provides 24 hour care for consumers with mental illness. Our model of care focuses on integrated multidisciplinary teams, providing excellent care for consumers in the least restrictive manner. Consisting of four open 16 bed acute inpatient wards (North, East, South and West), there are opportunities here for registered nurses looking for an exciting step into a dynamic health environment.
North Inpatient Ward
North inpatient ward cares for consumers that live in the North of Christchurch and Ashburton. The Nursing team on North is made up of a variety of levels of experiences, backgrounds and personalities. We pride ourselves on team work and a positive working culture.
East Inpatient Ward
East inpatients services the East quadrant of the city, from New Brighton to the inner city. We are a close knit team and have a good relationship with our Outpatient team. We have a strong emphasis on providing high quality care, ensuring the consumer, family and whanau are at the centre of all we do.
South Inpatient Ward
South inpatients services the South side of Christchurch. We pride ourselves on being inclusive with our consumers and their whanau. We work in a least restrictive model providing high quality care and put a strong emphasis on partnership and kindness.
West Inpatient ward
Providing services to consumers in West Christchurch, we work closely with our outpatient team and other community services. We are made up of passionate clinicians who work in the patients’ best interests at all times. We have a supportive team culture and encourage opportunities for growth and development.
Please state in your application which unit you are interested in applying to.
The Role: Where you fit in
- We are looking for registered nurses with excellent communication and time management skills who can work effectively as part of the multidisciplinary team
- As part of a progressive organisation that values honesty, respect and integrity for every individual, this multi-varied role presents you with the opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging health environment
- You will need to be confident, resilient and have the ability to build strong and successful relationships, with the patients and their families/whanau as we have a strong emphasis of re-engagement into the community
- The roster pattern is four days on, two days off, but we are keen to hear from anyone wanting to enquire about roster patterning
- If you are interested in casual or permanent pool positions, please state in your application.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online as we only accept applications through our careers website and for more information contact us on [email protected]
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!